Monday, June 27, 2011

What God Did For Me

I noticed last night that my gas light came on to tell me i only had one gallon of gas left in my car. i just went home and bypassed the mini mart.  this morning as i was driving to the school with the neighbor girl it went on to the red, or really right above it just a few centimeters from the red line.  I then prayed and asked if it was His will that He would help me to get to the school and to the gas station without running out of gas.  I said that I have faith that He can do it, and that just like the woman with the little oil and meal did as Elijah had said and made a cake for him and her meal and oil never left till the rain came that I was claiming that promise as mine with this gasoline, that it wouldn't run out till I got to the gas station.  On the way to the school I looked at my gas gauge and it had went from the red up to the first little white/gray dash above the red line, God did it.  I was going to go to the closest one to the school, but God had on my heart to go to the one by my house and so I did that all the way praying in faith and thanking Him and telling Him that faith really does see farther than sight does. and I got to that gas station after praying that the gas pumps would be empty on the side that i need them to be open on and it was and I thanked the Lord and I know for sure that if God can do that, which seems impossible to mankind, to me it did because I know I was out of gasoline, that He can for sure send me the one that I am to marry.  God is good!!! :D




Thoughts from this miracle today.

  1.  we don't experience miracles like this, a miracle is God doing something man can't do, is because we are in unbelief that the God we trust with our souls for salvation, for our everything, can do the same things He did in the OT for the prophets and other people there in todays day and age.
  2. we don't believe whole heartily that God can do something like this for us.  We don't believe that God can perform the same miracles He did for those in the OT because well we think it's the OT.  Do I believe God could still part the sea for someone to walk through on dry ground? if He wanted to He could, but do I think He will? No.  Do I believe He can sustain someone on a little food and water till they have the money to buy more? Yes.  If you pray in faith believing, if you pray for His will in it He will.
God has been good to me, God is good to me.

I've been going through a self inflicted storm, just reaping what I sowed and reaping the consequences but through this time of trial I'm learning that through it all God is good, in the hard times and in the good times.  I am convinced that had I not have gone through this time of trial, and I'm still going through it and I don't know when I'll reach the other side, I would not have experienced the miracle that I prayed for, yes there will be some that will say that is no miracle, but I know it was.  I would not have learned that God is good through every situation.  I would not know that God can answer prayers within mere seconds, and even minutes.  God has been showing me things in my life and in my Bible reading that I don't think I'd have seen had not I gone through some of these things that I'm going through.

A song that has been a blessing to me is Rejoice in the Lord by Ron Hamilton AKA Patch the Pirate. and a verse that has been such a blessing to me is Psalm 84:10 "For a day in thy courts [is] better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness"

No comments:

Post a Comment