Thursday, April 14, 2011

Make-Up or No Make-Up that is the Question

I can't get to sleep, even after reading my Bible and praying so I thought okay I have this thought running through my mind so why not blog about it lol.


For years, from maybe 7th to 12th grade, I wore makeup to hid who I was, like it could cover up my insecurities.  then over almost a year now I had stopped wearing makeup all together and became quite comfortable in my own skin.  I didn't feel the need to hide behind makeup anymore because I wasn't as insecure as I once was, and in all honesty it started out in me being lazy.  Yes, for the first week or two I felt like an awkward turtle, especially when going to church.  But over the weeks, and months, it became 2nd nature to not wear makeup anymore so I just stopped.  I no longer felt the need to wear makeup I felt like who am I trying to impress there is no guys my age and I'm not interested in anyone who is close to wear I live so why wear makeup?  That was wrong thinking I have since learned.  If you wear makeup it's not to try and impress the guys in your life, it is to make you feel pretty, makes you feel feminine.  It's not something you have to do to try and get a guy, because the real guys would think you're beautiful even without all that makeup. lol.  It's something you do because it makes you feel good.  You don't have to wear makeup every day to make sure no one catches you without it, but it's also not something you have to reserve for special occasions either.  It's just whenever you feel like wearing it wear it, but don't sweat it if someone catches you without it.


Me without makeup:




I have recently started wearing makeup again after months of not even owning makeup anymore.  You may ask why did you start wearing makeup again if you say you feel comfortable in your own skin, is there some guy in your life you're trying to impress?  And my honest answer would be it makes me feel pretty, feminine, and no I'm not trying to impress some silly guy with wearing makeup.  Because if you have to wear makeup to "catch" a guy you'll have to keep wearing makeup to keep the guy, and the guy should like you more than just for your looks.  And the other reason why I started to wear makeup again is because I got new frames (glasses) and they make me look really pale I guess you could say, my old frames were red, so i look really just white lol so the added color helps.  I wear makeup to enhance not to try to make me look like someone I am not, someone who looks like herself and doesn't wear off the wall colors of makeup to cheapen my appearance.  The correct way to wear makeup is to make it look like you have no makeup on at all, and if you can tell you're wearing makeup it is just a slight difference than when you are wearing no makeup at all, if that makes sense.


Me with makeup:



Incorrect way of wearing makeup:

Correct way of wearing makeup:

No comments:

Post a Comment